Sweet deal....I think

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan Pijpelink

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2015
South Jersey
So, I replied to a CL posting for split hardwood. Went to have a look today. 3+ cords mixed hardwood. Cut to 16 inch and all split 2-3 months ago. For $200. Told the guy I needed 6+ loads with my F150 to get it all out of his yard. He offered to help load his F150 plus trailer too to save me some time and effort.

So I think I have a sweet deal for the starter pile for the 2017 season. We had a tornado here last week and there is lots of free wood to pick up everywhere (unfortunately), so the pile will be growing fast.

3+cord for $200, AND he will help you haul it? That's a great deal! That watch came right through here, and the wife and daughter were in Ship Bottom when it hit there. She swears she saw one on the water that night. We didn't lose power surprisingly but a lot around here did.

3+cord for $200, AND he will help you haul it? That's a great deal! That watch came right through here, and the wife and daughter were in Ship Bottom when it hit there. She swears she saw one on the water that night. We didn't lose power surprisingly but a lot around here did.

Did you see the video of it coming thru the harbor or bay? I saw it on The Facebook

I was in FL last week, but my wife told me it landed in West Deptford and I saw a lot of debris there. Cherry Hill is still without power (some areas).

We are in Lindenwold and lots of trees came down with roots and all. We have been lucky so far.

And yes, I got a GREAT deal on the wood.

And more, a coworker has 5 trees cut a few months ago. He has them cut to size, split soon and I can pick up as much as I want. It's in north DE, but no problem if I can get 2 cords red oak for almost nothing.

Did you see the video of it coming thru the harbor or bay? I saw it on The Facebook
I saw one a co-worker showed me, seemed like the bay side, a man and woman on their back porch. Is that the one you mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.