Sweet Gum seeks revenge...........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WOODBUTCHER

Minister of Fire
Been quite some time since the WoodButcher has been around here..........
But the other night 11:30 pm..... no storms, no wind.....no nothing.....just a loud crash.
Wake up turn the light on and was greeted with sweet gum limbs blocking my front door. One nearly slapped me in the face.
Laid itself just right missing the house. We hacked it up with the 660 and 5100s...... more free wood for 2011-2012.

Did I mention I'm one lucky son-of-a-gun?

WoodButcher

Attachments

• DSC_0706.jpg
    DSC_0706.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 342
  • sweetgum_01.jpg
    sweetgum_01.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 349
  • DSC_0712.jpg
    DSC_0712.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 363
Yes you are...

Yikes, how is the rest of the tree???

WOODBUTCHER said:
But the other night 11:30 pm..... no storms, no wind.....no nothing.....just a loud crash.
Wake up turn the light on and was greeted with sweet gum limbs blocking my front door. One nearly slapped me in the face.
Laid itself just right missing the house. We hacked it up with the 660 and 5100s...... more free wood for 2011-2012.

WoodButcher

Woodbutcher thats a good miss, how does sweet gum burn?

zap

zapny said:
WOODBUTCHER said:

WoodButcher

Woodbutcher thats a good miss, how does sweet gum burn?

zap

Burns pretty good ......Like Cherry/Red Maple. It rots fast though.......

WB

That reminds me of a tree I had to trim for a neighbor. The neighbor was really sweating it and so was my wife. I was pretty sure where it would be okay, and it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.