Sweet gum splitting?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would still consider myself new to all of this but most of the wood I am burning is 2 years old now. I did make the mistake of thinking that it would season in log length but the good folks here set me straight on that. I think that I am 4 years ahead at this point. My Big Jack does better with the larger rounds but I don't have many of them because I just found out about that so I really can't answer your question. What I posted is what I am doing from this season on.

Oh Dougand3, I have only been here 3 years and I am concerned that the back of my neck may already be a bit red.

Yes, Bspring, that is cause for concern indeed because you live in the "big city". Out in the hinterlands, you become crimson necked quickly. I may get some 6" or less rounds of that sweet gum and mess with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.