Sweet Home AFX-HT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eyecancer

Sep 4, 2016
Mancos, CO
Hello my fellow Hearthers,

The lady and I moved into a lovely cabin that has a Sweet Home AFX-HT. We have had a couple of fires on cooler summer evenings and I have been splitting and stacking wood getting ready for the winter. Part of that preparation is hopefully getting the stove back to peak operating condition. It is to my understanding after gleaning hearth.com and google that Sweet Home is now owned by Sierra.

The current stove situation; 6 fire bricks that line the inside of the stove are damaged or missing. I have found replacements here http://a1stoves.com/sweet-home-c-28_206.html

IMG_1068.JPG

My current plan is to talk to the land lord and see if I can go ahead and purchase and deduct the cost of replacement from next month's rent.

Does anyone have a similar model that can tell me if the stove originally came with firebrick lining the floor of the stove? There is a square piece of steel that is routed from the front, near the floor, to the back and up to the roof giving air to the fire.
IMG_1067.JPG

There's also a metal U frame holding the middle ceiling brick in place, but the left side is missing it. Does anyone know of a replacement? Also if anyone has a manual for this particular model?

IMG_1069.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not a model I've seen mentioned here before, but believe me, if it exists this is the place to find someone that knows it. Hang tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.