Swept Chimney today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gibson

Apr 29, 2008
Lincoln, RI
Did the sweep today. 25' with 6" liner. Burned some less than great wood last year. Put about 4 cords through it last year and had about 10 fires this year before the cleaning. Looks like I came out with about a gallon of the dry "crystalline" stuff.

Attachments

• IMG00014-20101106-1528#1.jpg
    IMG00014-20101106-1528#1.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 277
Nice..I assume you removed all the baffles etc. Was that hard? I cant seem to figure it out from the manual..I searched on here and on YouTube (the video walk throughs are awesome!) butI am still unclear. Dont want to pay a sweep if I dont have to. Any advice appreciated.

It is a good thing that you cleaned that chimney John. Get that nasty stuff out of there.

46hemi said:
Nice..I assume you removed all the baffles etc. Was that hard? I cant seem to figure it out from the manual..I searched on here and on YouTube (the video walk throughs are awesome!) butI am still unclear. Dont want to pay a sweep if I dont have to. Any advice appreciated.

Taking the baffles out is pretty easy on my Jotul. It probably helps that I installed the stove, so I put the baffles in.

Status
Not open for further replies.