Swisher 23 ton splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

msherer

Burning Hunk
Dec 9, 2010
IL
Anyone who owns a Swisher splitter tell me what size of ball they use for towing? I just bought one and the people at the store said it takes a 2" ball but my 2" was too small. I'm guessing 2-1/4" but they were out of that size so I have to go back tomorrow hopefully with the right size.

Matt

Should be stamped right into the tongue.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Right. Just look on the side up near the hitch and it will be stamped for what size to use. Did you try unscrewing the nut?

Well, don't know why u think its too small. If the hitch latches down on the ball your good. Long as it doesn't pull off. Next size up is 2 5/16 ball not 2 1/2.

2" sounds normal - they all say somewhere on the latch. 2 5/16" is pretty big for a splitter. There is an adjustment nut on the bottom of the latch. May need to be adjusted. There should be a little play in it when you pull up on it, but it shouldn't come off.

Status
Not open for further replies.