SX Heatilator pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paysondude

Jan 10, 2014
Payson,Arizona
I just got a model SX stove from a friend who has auger issues....I fixed that issue but the guy put an adjustable air intake that pushes air into fire pot so it burns pellets too fast..
how big of an opening should blower have?
thanks

it looks like the SX was made in 91 or 92 for one year only.

what exactly do you mean by "it burns pellets too fast"?
to a degree, you want a fast burn. or at least not a lazy one.

but if there is a way to adjust the airflow, you should go by the flame characteristic and not by the size of opening.
adjust till you have a nice snappy active flame that is more white than orange and that's where you want it.

i'm assuming the stove is a top feeder.

some pictures would be nice. and i'm just curious to see it actually.
the burn pot in particular.

Last edited:
it looks like the SX was made in 91 or 92 for one year only.

what exactly do you mean by "it burns pellets too fast"?
to a degree, you want a fast burn. or at least not a lazy one.

but if there is a way to adjust the airflow, you should go by the flame characteristic and not by the size of opening.
adjust till you have a nice snappy active flame that is more white than orange and that's where you want it.

i'm assuming the stove is a top feeder.

some pictures would be nice. and i'm just curious to see it actually.
the burn pot in particular.

It is a bottom feed stove ...I have stove it wasn't working when I got it ...in fact the people spent $600 trying to fix stove before giving it to me...It took me a few days to get stove working, manual will still help me.
I love my pellet stove better than all the LUXURY PELLET STOVES my friends have...on low 24/7 I burn a bag of pellets every 2-3 days...on high 24/7 I burn 1 bag a day.....so nice not to have all sensors or problems other people have..one trick I have learned is by putting nails in burn pot where the pellets feed which moves fire further away from feeding pellets...last winter I used 50 bags of pellets and only had a 5 gallon bucket of ashes to dump all winter..
Dude
I will send pics...

Status
Not open for further replies.