syracuse, cortland, binghamton, corning NY.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisasst

Minister of Fire
Aug 13, 2008
cortland ny
is there anyone on here from any of these cities and where and what brand of pellets are available?

Walmart has Pennington pellets for $5.75 a bag in those areas

cold front said:
Walmart has Pennington pellets for $5.75 a bag in those areas

yeah if you can be lucky enough to be there when they are put out, they are not that great either...

Home Depot and Lowes in the Syracuse area have pellets on the floor 2-16. I bought 10 bags at that time from HD for $5.50/bag or $299/ton. I've not been in either chain in a few weeks so I don't know what their supplies are like now.

dac122 said:
Home Depot and Lowes in the Syracuse area have pellets on the floor 2-16. I bought 10 bags at that time from HD for $5.50/bag or $299/ton. I've not been in either chain in a few weeks so I don't know what their supplies are like now.

What brand did they have....

TboneMan said:
I talked to B & B Wood Pellets in Chittenago last week. They have NEWPs for $265/ton. They may also have other brands too.

ok, I am usually a good internet searcher, but I can't find an address or phone for them. Is that their official name?

ah, find it on NEWP site...
These pellets didn't do to good for me though the couple bags I tried though..

They are a small mom & pop operation. I'm guessing they have other jobs and do this on the side. They are pleasant to with, call in the late afternoon to get something other than voicemail. I got my 5 tons of NEWP from them. No problems with the product or the service.

They fork lifted to the garage, then pallet jacked to the storage location. Two ton needed to be stacked on top of the other three. The Driver/Owner worked along side me and the product was stacked in 5 minutes (I expected I'd have to do it by myself).

Well I doubt they would deliver to me since I live about 55 minutes away...

I now live in near palmyra near Rochester, but I used to live in Auburn. I went to the Agway store in Moravia to get dry creek. I believe these are now countrymax stores.

In my area I go to a place called Phelps cement http://www.phelpscement.com/. They stock dry creek and green. Two of the best pellets I have used.

Benster said:
I just picked up a ton from Phelps Cement. I did get a deal @ $249.50 per ton, but I did buy a stove as well.

CountryMax stores are selling pellets for $289.00 per ton - Instant Heat.

In Syracuse - Countryside Stoves & Chimneys 3767 Howlett Hill Road, Syracuse, NY 13215 - has a wide selection of pellets. http://www.countrysidestovesyr.com/

that is where I bought my junk stove. I am on their early buy list. I know they carry NEWP and energex pellets.
My main problem is transporting pellets. So if I have travel back and forth 10 or so times I would like to find a good pellet.

alwood0422 said:
I now live in near palmyra near Rochester, but I used to live in Auburn. I went to the Agway store in Moravia to get dry creek. I believe these are now countrymax stores.

In my area I go to a place called Phelps cement http://www.phelpscement.com/. They stock dry creek and green. Two of the best pellets I have used.

How good are dry creek. I have never seen or tried them.

freebird77 said:
There is Kitchen Hearth and Stove in Binghamton, but dont know if they have any pellets left. Sorry.
607-723-8064

Just looking for options for next year. Should have enough junk pellets for this year to finish.

i Just woent to hd in buffallo and saked if they had anny pellets left since all the summer stuff is out , they told me they had 8 ton of firesides in the back for 299 ton.

Dry Creek has been my choice of pellets since the mid 90's they are made right in Arcade NY. They sell out quick because the demand for them is so high. I used Green this year for the first time and actually find them slightly better than Dry Creek. When I lived in Minnesota I could not get quality pellets so I used whatever I could get my hands on, Dry Creek is still close to the top. I usually get mine in August. If you call Phelps they will tell you the quality of each pellet they stock. They will deliver for a fee, though I have a big truck, so have no worry's.

magsf11 said:
i Just woent to hd in buffallo and saked if they had anny pellets left since all the summer stuff is out , they told me they had 8 ton of firesides in the back for 299 ton.

I think they'll have those pellets "in the back" for quite awhile at that price.....

Status
Not open for further replies.