T-SHIRT TIME!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VCBurner

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2010
Templeton, MA
So I came home @ 3:45pm and it was 73 in the house. Stove was down to black live coals. Just a little red. I loaded it up after shaking and reviving the coals. I went outside to rake the three feet of snow off the breezeway, leaving my wife in charge of danpering down. She did a good job of engaging the cat. But, when I got back inside, the wall hit me. It was 80 in the hallway outside the stove room. I had to open up the door to the three season breezeway to get some heat out! :gulp: It is now 85 in the hallway but feels comfortable in shorts and a t-shirt. The sandals don't hurt either.

I guess that's the difference between heating a house in single digits temperatures and 24 degree days like today! I'll have to get used to not just loading up the box and letting it rip!!

SHorts and a t shirt in January. It's a beautiful thing. That's why I've had it in my sig. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, a big difference when the outdoor temperatures are more moderate. But then, my normal shirt wear in the house is always just a t-shirt. I like it nice and warm.

Backwoods Savage said:
Yes, a big difference when the outdoor temperatures are more moderate. But then, my normal shirt wear in the house is always just a t-shirt. I like it nice and warm.

+1 on both the temp observations (always easier to really crank out the heat when the outside temps are "warmer") and the fact that I rarely if ever wear anything heavier inside the house than a simple T-shirt . . . and usually I can be found padding around in my boxer shorts . . . although when the temps dip below zero I do start wearing my long underwear inside.

85 is a bit warm,
drink lots of water, you don't want to dehydrate.
Woodstover's all got the "T" shirt, for indoors.
Wife can wear less clothes to, nice ;)

Silly me, I thought you just got a new 30NC.

Comfortable for me is always mid-high 70's, so I too have had a T-shirt on for the past 2-3 heating seasons inside the house. I think there would be something wrong w/ someone's stove if they can't wear one inside their house. However 85 was just too hot!! :ahhh: That wasn't even inside the living room, where the stove is. But, the temp is slowly going down in here now. 8:30 pm and we're finally down to 81.

I had to go out since my last post here. My pregnant wife was craving Domino's pizza, which she has been for the past couple of days. So, we got a chance to cool off in our drive to the city. The snow bankings are up to 4-5 feet on the sides of the road and the city driving is very treacherous. At every corner there was a car slicing half way into the road, just so they could see to turn! And the temps are 24 f. outside, so I should not be complaining! :) That was the second craving she satisfied today. The first was this afternoon's McDonald's chocolate shake.

Happy burning to all!!

BeGreen said:
Silly me, I thought you just got a new 30NC.
Ha, ha, ha, ha...
I wouldn't put a box like that in my livingroom! Sorry... did I just say that? Maybe the basement! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.