T-stat not working ? PDVC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
chrisasst said:
.....changed my settings to 3-5-1 heat heat #9 and the tstat seems to be working. ( knock on wood)

Although I could be way off here, AFAIK, changing the lower button settings and heat/blower settings should have NOTHING to do with the stat working or not working.

imacman said:
chrisasst said:
.....changed my settings to 3-5-1 heat heat #9 and the tstat seems to be working. ( knock on wood)

Although I could be way off here, AFAIK, changing the lower button settings and heat/blower settings should have NOTHING to do with the stat working or not working.

I agree, those should not have anything to do with it. I just changed my setting back to 7-5-1 Heat# 3. We'll see if it kicks off. UPDATE--cycle 1 and 2 worked. Now I will shut it down to clean it and see if it works when I fire it back up.

ON A SEPERATE NOTE---- why do I go through more pellets using a stat with a consistent temp then I do if I the stove is just blaring away?

Why don't you try following the directions? Put the heat and blower both at 9. I'm sure you'll see that it works fine.

The difference between heat range 1 and 2 is very slight. I'm not surprised you don't see a difference. When the t-stat calls for heat, it bumps the pellet feed up to the heat range you have the stove set at. When it's not calling for heat, it drops the pellet feed down to heat range 1.

In other words, if you ran it according to Englander's directions (heat and blower both at 9), it would run at heat range (pellet feed) 1 when the t-stat is not calling for heat. When it does call for heat, it bumps the pellet feed to 9. The blower runs at the same speed regardless. The only thing that changes is the "on-time" of the upper auger, and thus the amount of pellets being fed in a given time period.

fyrfyter4 said:
Why don't you try following the directions? Put the heat and blower both at 9. I'm sure you'll see that it works fine.

The difference between heat range 1 and 2 is very slight. I'm not surprised you don't see a difference. When the t-stat calls for heat, it bumps the pellet feed up to the heat range you have the stove set at. When it's not calling for heat, it drops the pellet feed down to heat range 1.

In other words, if you ran it according to Englander's directions (heat and blower both at 9), it would run at heat range (pellet feed) 1 when the t-stat is not calling for heat. When it does call for heat, it bumps the pellet feed to 9. The blower runs at the same speed regardless. The only thing that changes is the "on-time" of the upper auger, and thus the amount of pellets being fed in a given time period.

Because it uses more pellets at that setting. During my test without the tstat, with the settings 7-5-1 Heat #3, I got about 2 more hours on a bag of pellets with which seemed to give more heat and a better burn than with lets say 3-5-1 heat # 7, 8 or 9. ( could have been just my imagination, but don't think so)

Right now I am trying to figure out why tstat was not working and then all of a sudden it does. ( control board? idk)

Status
Not open for further replies.