T-stat wires installation onto main control board

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geek

Minister of Fire
Feb 28, 2008
Central CT
Doing the install now and removed access panel, the Skytech t-stat has terminal leads at the end but the control board seems to only accept the wires stripped in the block.
Any way around this, i'd hate cutting the t-stat terminal leads but if that's the only way then..... :-S

Couple pics here, one showing the t-stat wire leads/terminal, the picture on the left shows the green block on the board to connect the wires to, 2 small holes to the bottom front.

Attachments

• Picture 030 small.jpg
    Picture 030 small.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 213
  • Picture 031 small.jpg
    Picture 031 small.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 207
Can you just cut the loop off and insert the straight flat piece into the block, if not, it won't hurt to cut and strip it and put bare wire into the block.

here's a different angle of the green block on main board...

Attachments

• Picture 026 small.jpg
    Picture 026 small.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 207
no, looks like i must cut the loop and put bare wire into the small holes in the side of the green block on the board....

I just didn't want to strip the loop/cable as it most likely void warranty of the t-stat....!!!!

Hey Geek

The instructions note a male and female terminal end. Can you make a bare wire setup to fit into the female end?

Otherwise, a call to skytec and ask them about the warranty issue if clipped. Better yet an email so you have it in writing.

talking to them now, i already cut one of the terminals....

i dont see anything about male/female, where?

Cant get the direct link to work.

Go here and select Installation Instructions.

http://www.skytechsystem.com/thermo.asp?pi=352

Page 5:

HEARTH MOUNT
The remote receiver can be placed on the fireplace hearth or under the fire• place behind the control access panel.
Use the wires attached to the remote receiver to connect to the gas valve or • the electric module (piggyback connectors have both male & female terminals for flexibility).

Be sure that the connectors do not touch each other or other bare metal • surfaces; this will cause the appliance to turn on. The connectors may be wrapped with electrical tape to prevent this.

geek said:
talking to them now, i already cut one of the terminals....

That is what I would have done. Really cant see it voiding anything.

geek said:
I just didn't want to strip the loop/cable as it most likely void warranty of the t-stat....!!!!

I SERIOUSLY doubt the warranty would be voided by cutting the terminals off and using bare wire.

yeah, they told me it would be ok, sort of speak.....

Status
Not open for further replies.