T300P quits feeding pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

this_12

Feb 28, 2016
Idaho
I have a Whitfield/ Lennox T-300-P it starts normal and then just quits feeding pellets. If you turn it off and back on it starts feeding again. I have to play this game for about 20-30 minutes then it will go all night. During the cat and mouse game it gives a good flame and heat it's just a pain.
No thermostat used, took the exhaust blower off and cleaned it, cleaned the vent pipe, the bottom damper is open so it's getting enough air, cleaned the photoeye, in the exhaust fan area the fitting to the pressure switch was clogged cleaned that out. This stove is about 10 years old and i'm the original owner we've had to replace room blower, igniter, window/ door gaskets and the fire brick set that's the only problems until now.

I betcha this is the issue.....

From the control board to the photo eye there is a yellow pigtail wire coming off the CB to a two pin molex (female) to a receiving two pin molex (male). The connection is loose and the unit has to heat up quite a bit before the contacts in the molex's will stay together. Clean em up. Get a very small flat head into the female side and crush the sides of the receiving pins in just wee bit so there is some tension in the contact. Problem should solve itself out after that. If that doesn't do it, then the solenoid that the photo eye plugs into may be sticking. Any oil burner optical sensor solenoid will work.

Reactions: Bioburner

From the control board to the photo eye there is a yellow pigtail wire coming off the CB to a two pin molex (female) to a receiving two pin molex (male). The connection is loose and the unit has to heat up quite a bit before the contacts in the molex's will stay together. Clean em up. Get a very small flat head into the female side and crush the sides of the receiving pins in just wee bit so there is some tension in the contact. Problem should solve itself out after that. If that doesn't do it, then the solenoid that the photo eye plugs into may be sticking. Any oil burner optical sensor solenoid will work.
Thank you Scott will try this weekend Thanks Again.

Thank you Scott,
I guess had couple bags of bad pellets. They made a lot of black creosote inside the exhaust pipe, that was cleaned out before my first post.
The 2 wires Scott was talking about are connected to the flame presence eye. So I removed the lens on the and it was covered with creosote causing the stove to think there was no flame present. Cleaned it up reinstalled and back in business works now. One thing I might have burned out the ignitor turning it off and on repeatedly to keep the pellets flowing. Will see it's been running the last 19 1/2 hrs. no problem. Thank you for having this great site.

Reactions: Lake Girl
Status
Not open for further replies.