T5 cleaning and crusted stink bugs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jetmech

Dec 8, 2007
Dillsburg PA
It has warmed up some so with the wifes help i pulled the pipes and cleaned the T5 exhaust.... got about 1 cup of black powdery junk,, at the top where my cap fits on i found crusted dead stink bugs, about 4 of them... they are a PITA.. they were wedged between top of all fuel pipe and base of cap.

From what I've been reading they are becoming a major problem across the US, especially for farmers.

fv

jetmech said:
It has warmed up some so with the wifes help i pulled the pipes and cleaned the T5 exhaust.... got about 1 cup of black powdery junk,, at the top where my cap fits on i found crusted dead stink bugs, about 4 of them... they are a PITA.. they were wedged between top of all fuel pipe and base of cap.

They like to live in the Vigilant. They can take a surprising amount of heat.

Sounds like those stink bugs are the good type; dead. Pipe sounds good and good for you that you've checked it.

The first time I open the stove every fall there are a dozen or so of them crowded around the doors... They are pretty disgusting. Clean out the ones that I can see and let the rest toast.

They are a disgusting pest in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.