1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

T5 insert fan settings

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Mumster, Dec 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mumster

Mumster New Member

Loc:
    Western MA
    I was wondering what people use for fan settings to get the most heat. Let's say I have perfect wood, draft etc. if I am all the way closed with a good fire going. Seems to me with the fan on the highest setting wouldn't the insert run at a lower temperature cause the room air is cooling the stove off? So when the fan is on low the stove is hotter? I know, I need a thermometer.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. wjb111

wjb111 Member

Loc:
    Michigan - United States
    We have been using our new T5 for about 3 weeks now. I also don't have a thermometer since the only place to put the darn thing is next to impossible to see. You have a valid point with the fan on high causing a lower stove temp. In my opinion, it seems to generate more heat with the fan on high vs a lower setting. I don't believe the fan on high causes a lower stove temp but again just my non-expert opinion. At times the blower on high can be a little annoying so I will back it off to about half way. Yes quieter but doesn't seem as warm in the room.

:) :cheese: :coolsmile:
  3. Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ridge, LI, NY
    Yes, you do :)

Welcome to the forums :)

Adding your stove info to your signature line will be beneficial, as well as adding your general location to your info. We do aim to please :)
  4. Mumster

Mumster New Member

Loc:
    Western MA
    Thanks for the "warm" welcome. ;-) The manual says the optimal setting is L on the damper and low on the stove.:-/
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.