T5 insert fan settings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mumster

Dec 8, 2011
Western MA
I was wondering what people use for fan settings to get the most heat. Let's say I have perfect wood, draft etc. if I am all the way closed with a good fire going. Seems to me with the fan on the highest setting wouldn't the insert run at a lower temperature cause the room air is cooling the stove off? So when the fan is on low the stove is hotter? I know, I need a thermometer.

We have been using our new T5 for about 3 weeks now. I also don't have a thermometer since the only place to put the darn thing is next to impossible to see. You have a valid point with the fan on high causing a lower stove temp. In my opinion, it seems to generate more heat with the fan on high vs a lower setting. I don't believe the fan on high causes a lower stove temp but again just my non-expert opinion. At times the blower on high can be a little annoying so I will back it off to about half way. Yes quieter but doesn't seem as warm in the room.

:) :cheese: :coolsmile:

Yes, you do :)

Welcome to the forums :)

Adding your stove info to your signature line will be beneficial, as well as adding your general location to your info. We do aim to please :)

Thanks for the "warm" welcome. ;-) The manual says the optimal setting is L on the damper and low on the stove.:-/

Status
Not open for further replies.