T6 Installed!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlespark

Jan 29, 2010
S.E. Michigan
My wife and I were deciding between the Equinox and the T6. We had decided on the equinox, but then I was informed we "re-decided". So the T-6 was purchased and sat in our garage since September. Finally the install is moving forward. The installation guy, the fire inspector, and the mechanical inspector seem to be conspiring to delay the first fire; but I have time.

Since I know it doesn't exist unless there are pictures, I am trying to attach two photos of the stove using the directions on the forum.

One photo has the t-6 wings out . . . . ready to take flight. Gaads I hope not.

I am picking up a Fiskar ax this weekend, and a friend is giving me an old Stihl 024 with a 16 inch bar that "runs great".

I love new hobbies.

LittleSpark

Attachments

• Install Prior to fire.jpg
    Install Prior to fire.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 150
  • T-6 Wings Open.jpg
    T-6 Wings Open.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 167
Getting there. Looks like this is still a work in progress. Make sure there are 3 screws per pipe joint. Do you think you will need the key damper?

I'm not sure if I will need the damper. I would just like the ability to have a "top kill" option.

I checked the three screws per joint (Mechanical Inspector went right to that point).

Still waiting for the fire inspector.

And yes the entire room is a project. It was undrywalled for almost ten years. I was using it like a big man cave for all that time. Had all my tools set up in it, my wine making equipment, two picknik tables, etc. It was a lot of fun while it lasted. But really we are ready to start living in it, so the drywall and the stove were priorities.

I will take photos later of the chimney install and the first fire.

Littlespark said:
My wife and I were deciding between the Equinox and the T6. We had decided on the equinox, but then I was informed we "re-decided".
LittleSpark

Little Spark, I have been told we "re-decided" on many things before. LOL Aint married life grand !!!????!!!!
Congrats on the install and welcome to the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.