Taco Pump Installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

antos_ketcham

Mar 5, 2008
So now that my boiler is up and running I noticed I may have put the Taco in incorrectly. It is running the right way and working, but....the manual says the electrical box on the pump needs to be on the side or the top - not the bottom. But it doesn't say why - anyone have an idea? What are the risks of having it on the bottom?

Thanks.

Pete

Pete Antos-Ketcham said:
So now that my boiler is up and running I noticed I may have put the Taco in incorrectly. It is running the right way and working, but....the manual says the electrical box on the pump needs to be on the side or the top - not the bottom. But it doesn't say why - anyone have an idea? What are the risks of having it on the bottom?

Thanks.

Pete
Just a total guess, but maybe they figure if the pump leaks it would be better if it didn't leak into the electrical workings.

Status
Not open for further replies.