Taco Zone Sentry NC/NO

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peakbagger

Minister of Fire
Jul 11, 2008
Northern NH
Does anyone have experience with Taco Zone Sentry Actuators? . Both of my new actuators have N.C. listed in the part number, but the data sheets indicate that they can be set up as NO or NC. Is there a switch or some way to wire it so that one of them is NO or do I need to buy a different actuator?

peakbagger said:
Does anyone have experience with Taco Zone Sentry Actuators? . Both of my new actuators have N.C. listed in the part number, but the data sheets indicate that they can be set up as NO or NC. Is there a switch or some way to wire it so that one of them is NO or do I need to buy a different actuator?
I'm pretty sure they come NC or NO, not configurable. All the Taco literature insists there's such a thing as an NO model, but they seem to be pretty rare.

http://www.blueridgecompany.com/radiant/hydronic/466/taco-zone-sentry-zone-valve

To close this one out. Taco does make a Normally Open version. PEX supply had one on sale.

Given the valve configuration, worse case is someone could make an adaptor to install between the valve shaft and the actuator that rotated the valve operation 90 degrees. If I had access to a lathe, it wouldnt be very tough to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.