Take a look at this pig and let me know what you think

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bfmco7

Oct 19, 2011
VA
I have a 2200 square foot home, 1100 upstairs and 1100 downstairs. The basement stairs are located in the center of the house. The basement isnt finished or insulated. I need to heat the upstairs with this stove downstairs. What do you all think? This stove was left by the previous owners and it appears that they used it some time or another. Let me know what you think! Fire away!! I'll take all the pros and cons.

Yes I know that this thing is going to burn up a lot of wood and Im pretty sure that I could fit a 3 foot long LOG in it! haha

DSCN3556.jpg

DSCN3554.jpg

DSCN3552.jpg

I remember that type of wood stove... Every morning I would have half a firebox of unburnt wood.

It needs about 25# of ash removed for starters. As noted in the other thread, I would seriously consider modifying the baffle to be stiffer and insulated. And I would add a couple secondary tubes for reburn.

Nah, I would put in a decent stove.

Gonna put the same comment from your other thread...

Bad Fisher copy... With no sealing system for the door, your draft caps may not be needed.. Just got rid of an old 2 door Timberline.. Was originally in my Fathers house. Lots of heat. But a Wood hog..

I have seen worse homemade contraptions. It would fit well in a shop or a "Container Cabin" (emergency shelter) .

You could get by using it. But not being listed with any CTC (clearance to combustibles) you may have a hard time with your insurance agent.

It's a Behr Stove.
(The insulation belongs on top of the baffle)
You can use it for getting rid of the furniture they left behind too. Then sell it on ebay as a "Rare Fisher Stove" for $800.

Status
Not open for further replies.