Take the woodpile personality test

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, funny stuff! One critter condo and a fleet of Shedmund Fitzgeralds.

Love it. I score myself Fort Knots and gunning for Maple Manor in the next few years.

I'll send my wife the link to see ourselves as others see us....

Is it bad if you score low, but strive to get better?

Nope. I scored low and am striving to do "better." If I can get the house warm enough the wife will be running around nekkid, but I need more and drier wood to get there.

Alright, I'm an idiot. How exactly do you score the answers? I'm assuming its A-4 B-3 C-2 D-1, but as my old boss used to say assuming anything makes an "a** of u & me".

Pretty poor job to not put a scoring table. Critter condo for me at the moment.

Scored Ft Knotts but realisticaly more like Critter Condo. I have several critters residing in their high rises as I type.

I fall firmly into maple manor. I'm a bit obsessive. Last year was first year burning & ran out of good wood twice. I CSS 31.5 cord from February to October (lite off boiler) and just got 5-7 cord more last week, 2 are CSS already. Only paid $24 for wood so far too.

Last edited:
Oops old laptop with bad keys, should have read 31.5 cords.

Maple Manor for sure. Scored 20 only because some of my splits are not 16" exactly (I'm working on that) and I am obsessed but not magnificently.

Fort Knots here, the girlfriend said it was actually true for me..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.