Taken the chill off Jake and The NC 30

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceisasolid

Jan 3, 2011
North Central Idaho
I saw my dog resting in front of the stove, so I thought I would share. We are still burning at least once everyday. The stoves been going since 11 AM today.

Cheers,

-Ray

Attachments

• jake NC30.jpg
    jake NC30.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 505
Might want to check the label on that stove in the pic. sure don't look like a Englander 30nc. Just a note also your hearth pad is not up to spec as it appears in the pic. Antlers laying on top? If that were a 30 running full bore those would be flaming. Pellet version perhaps?

What I see:

- An Englander 30-NC, nice fire

- Antlers sitting high up on a mantel, nice antlers

- Heart pad with what appears to be the required eight inch side clearance, nice pad

- Dog loving life in front of the fire, nice dog

sorry, here is mine, just looks different

Attachments

• stove.jpg
    stove.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 321
Looks pretty much like the same stove except you've let your fire die out. Nice looking hearth pad you have. I agree with BB. Looks good all the way.

83 degrees yesterday at noon so I just let run down. Likely have to fire back up this evening as low 30's at night all week. Pad was a bit overkill as well as distances to combustibles. I did not want to get any grief from the insurance co. this time around, they got all prissy at my previous dwelling. They were already yelping about the Zero clearance 40 year old Heatalator unit ( pulled more heat out than added) in a different room. It went south as soon as I had time to dismantle it. It was more of an ambivalence thing ( think i got the right word, you get drift though)

I see 2 really nice installs of a 30.

I'm seriously considering selling the PE and putting a 30 on the other side of the FP, creating more "flow". What kind of layout do you 2 have, and how's the air flow?

The pad is stuff I found outside or in the barn... rough cut cedar fence post, old paver bricks. With the cost of paint and new tin, I think that the whole set up cost about $35 (if you don't cinsider I had to buy a house/barn/and shop and 6 acres to get it.

my set up is in the basement where a large 3-4 ft x 18" register sits above it. I blow the box fan on #2 and leave the basement door open and it heats the home to 73 on the coldest days (so far) and 78 on other days. It gets warm in the basement though (upper 80s) when running full steam.

iceisasolid said:
my set up is in the basement where a large 3-4 ft x 18" register sits above it. on the coldest days (so far) and 78 on other days. It gets warm in the basement though .
The register thing always brings up some interesting posts, I like the fact you saved money and used materials you had for the hearth pad.

Who is that looking out from under the stove?

Nobody. It is the pull handle of the ash drawer and the air intake handle.

iceisasolid said:
Nobody. It is the pull handle of the ash drawer and the air intake handle.
It did look like a black cat under there.

oldspark said:
iceisasolid said:
my set up is in the basement where a large 3-4 ft x 18" register sits above it. on the coldest days (so far) and 78 on other days. It gets warm in the basement though .
The register thing always brings up some interesting posts, I like the fact you saved money and used materials you had for the hearth pad.
Woowa! Nice catch OldSpark. That whole registar thing will bring down the house hehehehehe for sho.

Status
Not open for further replies.