Taking back the Iron Horse Log Splitter for the 4th time......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jfk4th

Minister of Fire
Feb 8, 2007
NY
Well it looks like in these areas, Syracuse and Buffalo, NY Grossmans only sells "defective" Iron Horse Log Splitters. I have bought 4 of them in total, (yes when Elk says he recommends something I 100% take his word so I kept buying another) taking back 3 of them so far. All 4 have leaked hydro fluid, 2 of them had an electrical problem (would not start again after tripping breaker), and 1 had a ripped wire. I am disappointed because I have already split about 1.5 face cords of woods and I like the power. I am just dissapointed in the quality of the ones that I have been "lucky" to buy. One good thing about Grossmans store , they have taken all them, here comes 1 more....,back with no problems.
So where do I go now, right to HD and buy the Ryobi.

Anybody know the return policy for Home Depot? Some kid in the store said if you have any problems we are suppossed to send the splitter for repair. What? If I have a problem with the unit, I want my money back little pimply boy......Damn I am going to be a grumpy old man in 40 years....

Be aware, MTD products (Ryobi) are not fun to deal with under warranty. I recently had issues with an MTD product and basically had to end up paying to repair an engine that should have been under warranty. Save your money and get something else IMO.

TMonter said:
Be aware, MTD products (Ryobi) are not fun to deal with under warranty. I recently had issues with an MTD product and basically had to end up paying to repair an engine that should have been under warranty. Save your money and get something else IMO.

I've only split about 2/3rds of a cord, no problems here, no tripping, no leaking, etc... Hmm, I bought mine in Kingston and it was the last one there though last November....

BTW, there is a person in CT selling the Ryobi one if you look in the classifieds here, don't know if the post sold it though or not.

(You sure you didn't buy the same splitter over and over again? 8^P )

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.