Taking stove pics and the new iOS 7 for iPhone 5 causes camera flash malfunctioning!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

I just upgraded to IOS 7 on my iPhone 5 and the camera flash does not work many times! Turns out it is a real bug with IOS 7 #%#%%#&#* ! ! ! Also IOS 7.02 still does not fix the problem!

Anyone else have this issue?

Is there a fix?

see
IOS 7 has killed my iPhone 5's back camera, the flashlight ...
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5369713

"Still exploring this problem. The flash works every time with several camera apps (Camera+ and Top Camera) biut still only works intermittently with the camera app. In all cases the flash setting is to "on". I have tried shutting down and restarting the camera app, which didn't make it any more consistent. I tried changing the flash setting to both "off" and "auto" and then to "on" which didn't make any difference. This appears to a be problem with the camera app, but I'm not sure why it's not more widely reported if that's the case."

See
How Apple Has Ruined The Camera In iOS 7
http://iphonephotographyschool.com/ios7/

Interesting. My iphone (4s) flash is turned off 100% of the time. The pics with the flash look like you poured milk over them. The cam is pretty good in low light, so this doesn't affect me.

All that stuff is software controlled, so the good news is that it will probably be fixed. I found that some apps are good for iphone photos also - used Camera+ quite a bit. Again, though, I keep the flash off 100% of the time.

Hi Craig

Yes, a Camera app may fix the problem for now. It is just sooo busy this time of year.

Don, so how's your battery life on IOS 7? From what I've read the flash may be the least of your problems.
I'd brag about Android and all that but its just as buggy or worse.

Don, so how's your battery life on IOS 7? From what I've read the flash may be the least of your problems.
I'd brag about Android and all that but its just as buggy or worse.

Battery life is good and the new dual sided charger cord is real easy to plug in.

Battery life is good and the new dual sided charger cord is real easy to plug in.
It is plug in or magnetic. I really like the magnetic power cord connections on some MacBooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.