Taking wood from along the road, legal?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my experience with "free roadside wood"... regardless of the 25 foot ROW in my state, if the wood ends up in front of private property or especially a residence. i simply knock on the door and ask if i can take it. this is easy to determine in wooded areas because of posted signs (most have a name and number). if the wood is laying on the side of the road in front of county or state property, I take it. i have personally stopped asked county/state and utility workers if i can have the wood. their answer has always been "well that's why we leave the burnable stuff by the road". next time you see them out there cutting, just stop and ask.

Think this one has about wound down.

cat flushing.jpg

Reactions: claydogg84
Status
Not open for further replies.