Talcottville New York

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
On the way down to Boonville we noticed a mother with two fawns crossing the Sugar River, by the time I got out and took a picture they had crossed and in to the woods.

zap

Attachments

• 100_1243.jpg
    100_1243.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 306
  • 100_1244.jpg
    100_1244.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 296
PapaDave said:
Zap, I really don't doubt that's what you saw, but in this case, the old "pics, or it didn't happen" ain't workin' for ya'.
Nice river though.

Not sure what you mean by old pics.

zap

old saying not pics

SolarAndWood said:
old saying not pics

First time I ever heard it, wonder how much water is coming through that river today.

zap

No doubt, the West Canada was crankin last night.

SolarAndWood said:
No doubt, the West Canada was crankin last night.

I'll have to check out the brook later today, should be ok but you never can tell.

zap

Definitely a lot of water in a short period of time. I wish I had taken before and after shots of the beaver pond. In 24 hours, it went from a meandering brook with a little pond behind the dam to a multi acre lake.

Status
Not open for further replies.