Tanks filling

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JP11

Minister of Fire
May 15, 2011
Central Maine
No time for a pic yet. But it's hooked up and hissing away.

By design... when it's full it should just that air vent on top.. and that's it, right?

I'm also brewing the first batch of biodiesel for the year, and can't really sit and listen to the air rush out of the tank. First day back home.. always multi-tasking.

JP

No time for a pic yet. But it's hooked up and hissing away.

By design... when it's full it should just that air vent on top.. and that's it, right?

I'm also brewing the first batch of biodiesel for the year, and can't really sit and listen to the air rush out of the tank. First day back home.. always multi-tasking.

JP

How much storage? must be around a 1000 gals. with 2 - 110V expansion tanks
What are you making the biodiesel with JP . and did you build your own .

Huff

How much storage? must be around a 1000 gals. with 2 - 110V expansion tanks
What are you making the biodiesel with JP . and did you build your own .

Huff
Yes.. 1000 gal. Not that happy at the moment. Appears that one of the small 3/4 fittings has a weld that's weeping. Guy that did it is a professional. Imagine he can come and fix it here in my basement.

I make the bio with a homeade reactor. It's a modified "appleseed" processor made from a scrounged 40gal hot water tank from the dump. I've run at least 3k gallons thru it. I have a venturi mixer. This year's project, tomorrow actually is switching to a dry wash setup.

JP

Status
Not open for further replies.