1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Tapatalk - Mobile App for Hearth.com

Post in 'New Forum Hints and your Questions & Suggestions!' started by webbie, Sep 11, 2012.

1. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Tapatalk is a forum app on the iPhone, Android, webOS, Windows Phone 7 and BlackBerry. Tapatalk Forum App provides super fast on-the-go forum access to majority of the discussion forums that has activated the Tapatalk plugin. Showing New and Unread Thread with Avatar and Number of reply: Images in the thread are converted to thumbnail and allow full-screen viewing Ability to see Who's Online and what they are doing: Ability to search by topics and posts: Ability to upload images directly from Android and iPhone!: Forum Moderation support: Check out http://www.tapatalk.com for more information!
    dtaylor, n3pro, ScotO and 1 other person like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. webbie

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Tapatalk is $2.99 at the itunes store or google android market (play).

They occassionally offer a sale on the app for as low as .99. It happened twice in 2012 - I will make certain to post news of a sale if it comes up again.

A free read-only version of tapatalk should be available on the various app stores. It allows you to read - but not post - on the forums.

Note that one copy of tapatalk will allow you mobile access to the thousands of forums which use tapatalk as a mobile add-on (skin).
    raybonz and ScotO like this.
  3. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Glad you offered this.....makes it easier to do on the ol' Droid!
  4. n3pro

n3pro Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Enola, PA (near Harrisburg the unknown Capitol.
    Great! Now I got to use some of my $25 Google play credit for buying this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  5. BradH70

BradH70 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    South West NH
    Awesome! It is tough to view this web site on a iPad so the app will be loaded tonight!
  6. wingsfan

wingsfan Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Jackson,Mi.
    Nice, but I have a company phone and can't get pay for apps.Darn it.
  7. mepellet

mepellet Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central ME
    Any way to see signatures using tapatalk?
  8. coltfever

coltfever Member

Loc:
    Middle Tennessee
    I know this is a nice thing for people who live with a phone in there hand. Myself have no use for it. Is there anyway I can stop the little add reminder block from popping up everytime I get on the this site. It kinda reminds of someone trying to sell me something I don't need.
  9. webbie

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Hmm, It should say "dismiss" on it - which does away with it for good! I'll check......maybe I can only show it to new visitors after awhile.
  10. webbie

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    I changed it so it will only show to folks who have not been here lately. But it is also dismissible.
  11. Joful

Joful Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Philadelphia
    If you go to Latest -> Participated, you'll be looking at your Watched Threads list. Anyone know what the little orange star on the top left corner of half the avatars is?

Oh... And it would be nice to see sig's!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. coltfever

coltfever Member

Loc:
    Middle Tennessee
    Thanks webbie its gone now. You took care of it. Have a good day.
  13. webbie

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    My guess is not -because, in theory, that would defeat a lot of the purpose (size).

But I will check.
  14. Joful

Joful Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Philadelphia
    Good point, and please don't waste much time on it. Maybe they'll include it in the next version as something you can see when you click on an avatar, or something along those lines.

Cool app anyway!
  15. mepellet

mepellet Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central ME
    Yea I thought that at least you should be able to see it when you look at the profile.
  16. WellSeasoned

WellSeasoned Guest

Yes, seeing signatures would be nice. I think the tapatalk signature is on. The app does help for forums, loads easier to post pictures.

Sent from my SGH-T759 using Tapatalk 2
  17. Nickolai

Nickolai Member

Loc:
    Western Ontario
    I wasn't too excited about paying $2.99 but in all honesty the app brought me back to hearth.com. I very rarely use my PC since I've had a smartphone for some years now, just don't have much use for it, but at the same time it's difficult to view and participate in forums with such a small browser. Love the app!
  18. BrowningBAR

BrowningBAR Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Doylestown, PA
    It's $4.99 for the iPad. I'm passing on that for now. I can use the forum just fine with the iPad without tapatalk.
  19. Joful

Joful Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Philadelphia
    Yeah... it's a bigger issue with the small screen of a smartphone. Although, don't you still have the problem with slow loading and the page shifting as it loads (always when you're clicking a link :mad:) in Safari on the iPad? Drove me nuts on the iPhone... which is why I bought the app!
  20. BrowningBAR

BrowningBAR Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Doylestown, PA
    The slow loading only takes place when I have a weak signal. Otherwise, it is just like browsing on the desktop version of Safari.
  21. EJL923

EJL923 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Western Mass
    I may download if it goes on sale again, so i figured id post to de updated.
  22. Joful

Joful Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Philadelphia
    I think I only paid $2.99 for it. I've paid more than that for a cup of coffee.
  23. Xena

Xena Minister of Fire

Loc:
    South Shore MA
    So glad to be able to get on w tapatalk now. Use my iPod Touch for almost all forums I'm on. Thanks!
  24. loadstarken

loadstarken Member

Loc:
    Redmond, WA
    I can't get the silly pop up bar to go away no matter how big I zoom in on the screen on my phone. I have even tried using a stylus to try to push the "X" with no luck.

It blocks most of the screen so I guess I won't be using my phone to surf this site much. Works fine on the laptop or my desktop puter.
  25. Joful

Joful Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Philadelphia

What pop-up bar? Are you using the web browser (eg. Safari) to browse the site on your phone? If so, try Tapatalk! That's why they implemented it. You won't regret spending the $3.