1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Tapatalk - Mobile App for Hearth.com

Post in 'New Forum Hints and your Questions & Suggestions!' started by webbie, Sep 11, 2012.

1. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    The newest version of this forum software is "responsive", meaning you don't really have to use a mobile app, etc. any longer. Sooner or later I will upgrade to that and it should help most users on smartphones.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. loadstarken

loadstarken Member

Loc:
    Redmond, WA
    Yeah it is a bar at the top of the screen for Tapatalk with a "view" and "install" button.

I'm on a Samsung S4 so it uses whatever it uses to surf the internets. I tried Tapatalk on my old phone on a different forum and I must be weird because I hate the mobile look on webpages and like my phone screen to display the same as my laptop or desktop.
  3. Joful

Joful Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Philadelphia
    Agghhh! Tapatalk just updated to a new version... and it SUCKS! Not sure how anyone is using this, but if you have Tapatalk, don't update to the new one!
  4. save$

save$ Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Chelsea Maine
    I bought that app, but to be honest, I don't use it. I don't care for the display format or how to navigate in it. To each his own! I do enjoy the updated format of this forum. ESP. The recent activity tab.
  5. Joful

Joful Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Philadelphia
    I wonder if you were using the newer format Tapatalk or the original. The original was as simple as dirt. I'm getting more used to the newer format, but find it way too "slick" for my liking.
  6. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Tapatalk is also now a free app. Uses the Tapatalk 2 interface (TT2 renamed Tapatalk Pro). One thing I hate about the new look is it doesn't do a good job of notifying you of new conversations.
  7. Joful

Joful Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Philadelphia
    It doesn't do a good job of notifying you of ANYTHING. The old look was actually much nicer.
    MasterMech likes this.
  8. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Right, that's what I miss the most from the desktop version.

HEY CRAIG! When's that "mobile optimized" version of the forum coming around? Gonna get busy here soon......
    Joful likes this.
  9. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    I have put TapaTalk 4 on my Android phone and now the options seem more limited. For example, how do you post a picture? I only seem to have short reply options.
  10. WellSeasoned

WellSeasoned Guest

I bought tapatalk 4, saw that I didn't really like it, got a refund and stuck with tapatalk 2
  11. begreen

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    I was wondering if there needs to be some forum adjustments or if I should also revert to tapatalk 2?
  12. pen

pen There are some who call me...mod. Staff Member

Loc:
    N.E. Penna
    just installed tapatalk for the first time Thur night and had all sorts of problems. Haven't had a chance to play since
  13. begreen

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    In TT4, to post a picture you need to click on the Plus in a circle on the lower left, not the Quick Reply post button >. Then, when in the long reply edit mode, tap on the 3 vertical dots in the upper right. That will bring up the picture posting option.
  14. Gasifier

Gasifier Minister of Fire

Loc:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
    Hey folks. Been away for a while and must have deleted my tapatalk off my phone some how. ? :oops: Anywho, getting ready to add it back on and when I go to purchase it off the app store I see tapatalk community reader, tapatalk pro? What is the difference? Seems like the first one I had, before I deleted it, was just tapatalk. Is the pro any better?
  15. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

I've had both. Couldn't tell the difference myself but I didn't spend a whole lotta time comparing. I have pro and there are still quite a few bugs to work out.
  16. webbie

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Note - we may be tightening up our security a bit which means that only logged in members can use tapatalk. Also, all initial member registrations and the first few posts will have to be done using your regular browser, which is not hard now since the regular forum will fit better to mobile devices.
  17. Joful

Joful Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Philadelphia
    Seems Tapatalk hasn't been working the last several days. I can bring up the forum, and view the list of threads, but it dumps out any time I try to go read any thread.
  18. webbie

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Device? Versions?

It works perfectly on my iphone 4s
    v2.5.2
  19. Joful

Joful Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Philadelphia
    Not sure how to find the version, but it's an iPhone 5. Still running OS 7.0.4, but I think this trouble started before the OS update release, just a few days ago.
  20. webfish

webfish Hearth.com LLC Staff Member

Loc:
    Minnesota
    Open Tapatalk, lower right is settings, the upper right is about, click that will tell you version. I would try re-installing tapatalk. I am on OS 7.0.6 but I don't think that is the issue.
  21. Joful

Joful Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Philadelphia
    V2.4.0

Will try reinstall. Has been working fine for a year, but suddenly flaked put last week. Can view some threads, not others.