tarm 2000 for sale on ebay

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. That's interesting. Looks like it's been used hard and stored outside under a tarp. You'd think somebody trying to get top dollar for a fine boiler would invest a little elbow grease and paint to spiff things up for the camera. $10,000 indeed!

It went for $3,100. Installed in 1987 and supposedly used for one year. Then left connected to the heating system for the next 29 years. Removed this past summer and stored outside under a tarp.

I'd like to hear Craig's take on this boiler. He probably sold it to the guy. I doubt the controller is very sophisticated by today's standards. I wonder how the gasification stacks up to today's boilers. That's a long time to sit idle, but probably not a bad way to store it if the rest of the system is in good shape.

The guy probably bought it at an FBI surplus auction after they hauled it out of the county official's basement.

Status
Not open for further replies.