1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

tarm 2000 for sale on ebay

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by carbon neutral, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carbon neutral

carbon neutral Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    S.E. Connecticut

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Central NYS
    Thanks. That's interesting. Looks like it's been used hard and stored outside under a tarp. You'd think somebody trying to get top dollar for a fine boiler would invest a little elbow grease and paint to spiff things up for the camera. $10,000 indeed!
  3. Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Central NYS
    It went for $3,100. Installed in 1987 and supposedly used for one year. Then left connected to the heating system for the next 29 years. Removed this past summer and stored outside under a tarp.

I'd like to hear Craig's take on this boiler. He probably sold it to the guy. I doubt the controller is very sophisticated by today's standards. I wonder how the gasification stacks up to today's boilers. That's a long time to sit idle, but probably not a bad way to store it if the rest of the system is in good shape.
  4. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    The guy probably bought it at an FBI surplus auction after they hauled it out of the county official's basement.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.