TARM 2000 is this normal?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Wolf

Minister of Fire
Jun 13, 2008
Eastern CT
After one season of burning there seems to be come degradation of the slot leading to the secondary chamber. Is this amount normal and will it affect the burning?
Otherwise I love the TARM. This was taken in May after I did a very thorough cleaning. Since then I've had a fire about every 4 days or so for DHW and the hot tub.
Is this a warrenty issue?

Thanks

Attachments

• TARM chamber 2.JPG
    TARM chamber 2.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 332
Hi Greg,
I have had a Tarm Excel 2000 in service for 5 years now. The burn slot in my boiler is more worn than yours. I had contacted Tarm several months ago for some other minor issues and figured I'd send them some pictures of my refractory so they could give me their opinion. They reviewed the pictures and assured me that my refractory was in excellent shape. So long as there are no cracks or broken pieces, you should be all set. The refractory is a wear item, so some deterioration over time is to be expected. Be careful loading wood, and be gentle with the cleaning tools. I'm sure you'll enjoy your boiler for many years to come.
Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.