Q&A Tarm boilers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I am looking at buying a tarm boiler. I have heard conflicting reports on the use of a heat storage system with a 2500sq ft or bigger house especially an older one mine is 1964 in a cold area we see -5 to -10 below every year.I am looking to hear from other people with knowledge or experience on this subject

Answer:

If the boiler is not oversized, then the heat storage becomes less of a concern. It would help, though, in the off-season. Heat storage is very popular in Europe, where it is installed with almost every wood burning system. In the US, it is rare...mostly because the public is not educated enough about it.

I'd say that if you can afford it, it does a lot of good for the burning efficiency and the use of the boiler in marginal weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.