Tarm Circulator Control

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jebatty

Minister of Fire
Jan 1, 2008
Northern MN
My Tarm Solo Plus 40 has a circulator control switch on the control panel which the install instructions indicated was not to be used. Has anyone used this? is it simply an on-off switch? is it controlled by any other components of the control circuitry, such as high limit, low limit, etc.? what are the current ratings?

I've wondered about that too. The switch is live and has current through it.

It might be interesting to wire up a lightbulb to it and just watch what happens to it thru the life cycle of a fire...hmmmmm. I too have wondered if it would turn the pump on and off as necessary or not.

I wired this as a way to manually run my circulator, parallel to the aquastat that automatically controls the circ. My primary reason was to use this if the boiler was down for an extended period in very cold weather, to keep the water moving so as not to freeze, but I've also used it when bleeding air from my system. I had to add a 3/8 shunt line across the Termovar to get circulation, as the valve is closed under 160 deg. F. I have the Tarm wiring schematic, with or without my changes, if useful. (Solo 30)

Sorry, Jebatty, I guess I didn't answer alot of your questions. I will check the drawing and get you some better information.

Status
Not open for further replies.