Tarm Cord Wood Boiler Automation with Wood Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here at Pellergy we recently automated a Tarm cord wood burning boiler using one of our wood pellet burners, 550LB hopper. Take a look at the pictures and let me know what you think!

The Pellergy burner is mounted to the door of the boiler and controlled off the high limit controller with a 15-degree offset. The boiler maintains between 165 and 180 degrees F. The burner fires when there is a heat demand and sits idle when there is not.

Post questions and comments and I will respond!

Here's a link to the pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51776429@N03/5169678178/in/photostream/

A lot nicer than the old 1980's pellet furnace I picked up this summer. It was a hot air converted with a bottom fed pellet burner assembly with a ceramic target. The pellet auger and hopper are in a second assembly that slides up next to the furnace. Previous owner complained of creosote smell leaking into house while its running, the burner arrangement when idling let fumes migrate via the auger to the hopper.

Status
Not open for further replies.