Tarm Installed!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CNY Joe

Jun 11, 2008
Central NY
Many thanks to those who post to the site! I started this journey about 8 or 9 months ago thinking I would go with a fireplace insert to help offset some of the heating costs. After reading every post I could & running the numbers, the Tarm was the logical choice... Then came the bilco door to get the Tarm into the basement and of course the all fuel chimney. Next year comes storage! Thought I would share a few pics of the project and we'll be firing her up next week for a test drive.

Attachments

• Start of Bilco Door.jpg
    Start of Bilco Door.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 572
  • Tarm Delivery.jpg
    Tarm Delivery.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 601
  • Counting the Days.jpg
    Counting the Days.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 573
  • Tarm Installed.jpg
    Tarm Installed.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 611
  • Before Circ Pumps.jpg
    Before Circ Pumps.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 597
  • Circ Pumps.jpg
    Circ Pumps.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 618
Looks great Joe! I'm still a month away from my Tarm being installed and temps are already in the single digits, wish I were where you are! Are you going to start on storage right away?

Very nice! Got my Solo Plus 40 delivered in April 2007, took the summer to do the self-install, and first fired it in Sept 2007. I did have a learning curve, a few frustrations, but this forum solved those, and now couldn't be happier.

Congrats...I am less than a week away from a test fire on mine. How about a few pictures of the behind-the-tarm piping? That's the last step I need to accomplish and want to see how some other folks plumbed theirs.

Welcome to the Boiler Room, Joe. Where you at?

Bravo! And I thought I was going wild taking on my own variations of a similar project- at least I didn't have to blow a hole in the wall

I was on pins and needles when we started opening up the wall. Of course the hole was 2x the size of the one in the picture once we finished. Luckily my neighbor had a JD 410E backhoe to lower the boiler into the basement - a very cool piece of equipment... The Tarm model is the Solo Plus 40 integrated with the existing oil boiler as secondary. Will be looking at storage for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.