tarm mb solo 40

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sootsucka

Jan 30, 2010
Northern Maine
i have just found one in pretty good shape in someones basement. It is in really good shape on the outside but the inside is covered in creosote, the firebox and heat exchanger are just a mess. I have an old energy mate boiler already that i was thinking of swapping out for this tarm. The price is 300 dollars. I cant found much info this boiler, I was looking for burn times and how much more efficient this one is then the one i have already. My boiler now is a horseshoe shape tank that you can open the door and look right at the smoke pipe, not too efficient. any ideas any

It's probably worth over $200 as scrap. 310/ ton last I Knew. Is that a gassifier or not? Either way that's pretty cheap.

Tarm Biomass has on-line manuals for their discontinued boilers,Go to their web site and select wood boiler at top of page,when new page comes up you can then select discontinued boilers in the left hand column.$300 is hard to beat,getting it out of the basement may be chore.

Status
Not open for further replies.