Tarm or Eko buyers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greg in MN

Jun 14, 2008
Southern Minnesota
Hi, I have a new well insulated 2600 square foot rambler with a full walk out basement, tubes in the basement floor for radiant and a radiator in the electric furnace to heat the upstairs. The boiler will be in a shed about 100 feet away. No storage at this time. My question is to the people who just bought a Tarm or Eko, was there a certain reason for making your choice? I do not have a dealer close by for either one and will need help with the install. Thank you for any help or advise. One of these is going to work for me.

greg in MN said:
Hi, I have a new well insulated 2600 square foot rambler with a full walk out basement, tubes in the basement floor for radiant and a radiator in the electric furnace to heat the upstairs. The boiler will be in a shed about 100 feet away. No storage at this time. My question is to the people who just bought a Tarm or Eko, was there a certain reason for making your choice? I do not have a dealer close by for either one and will need help with the install. Thank you for any help or advise. One of these is going to work for me.

For me, it was price and availability. I think either would be fine.

I chose the Tarm Solo 40, they had great support from manufacturer down to installer. Local installer loves to find the best way to do things and was able to give me a lot of knowledge very quickly. Tarm has a great reputation and has been in this for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.