Tarm OT-50 opperation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl Webber

Sep 8, 2014
New Ipswich, NH
Last winter my tarm worked beautiful burning wood and coal but now summer is here and it is too warm for that. During the warmer months I'm using the oil side to heat my hot water. I have the manual that I got from the tarm website and I have read through it several times. I can't seem to find any information on how to operate the oil side of the boiler. My main question is what do I do with the draft on the loading door and the ash door when running the oil? If I leave the samson draft regulator hooked up I lose a lot of heat up the chimney at the beginning of cycle because the draft door is letting so much air in. But of course if I close it completely, it would seem like I would be starving the system of oxygen. Can anyone give me any help with this Or explain to me how theirs is set up?

Not the same boiler, and not sure of your burner setup, but when I had my combo, I unhooked the draft chain for the summer along with closing the key damper tight that was on the wood smoke pipe. Mine had a Riello burner, all oil burners that I know of have their own air intake.

Not the same boiler, and not sure of your burner setup, but when I had my combo, I unhooked the draft chain for the summer along with closing the key damper tight that was on the wood smoke pipe. Mine had a Riello burner, all oil burners that I know of have their own air intake.
I know a lot about wood because i've been burning wood since I was a kid. Oil is a whole different thing. I've noticed some black buildup inside my boiler that looks like soot buildup. I think I might need to call an oil guy and have him come look at the burner and do an efficiency test and tune it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.