Tarm Owners question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lawandorder

Mar 17, 2008
upstate new york
Kind of a weird question but do any Tarm users use Super Cedar starters for their startup either from cold start or with some coals left from a previous burn. If so where do you place them???

Also CNY Joe thanks again for the help things have gotten much better I just have to figure out a way for the bridging to stop.

Thanks all

Haven't used the cedar fire starters. Starting a fire is so easy for me as I have lots of dry pine kindling and dry pine planer shavings leftover from wood projects. I don't like to pay for much of anything if I can avoid it.

As for bridging, if you haven't already, do a forum search and you will finds lots of good advice. I still can't completely eliminate bridging, but I have made lots of progress. Usually now I don't think too much about it, as most of my burns are light it and forget it.

Status
Not open for further replies.