Tarm Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lawandorder

Mar 17, 2008
upstate new york
So the new Solo Plus 40 arrived yesterday from the installer and I noticed that its the new Scantec version. I thought since I ordered this back in July that I woiuld still get the Tarm version. I understand that they are now being built by Scantec but are there any differences between the two. ANyone know if the company is going to be as good as the units Tarm built. Bought the Tarm because of their reputation for quality. I am a bit concerned now that its the Scantec

Hi Lawandorder,

I understand your concerns about the Scandtec versus Tarm boilers. Let me assure you, however, that you have gotten the same old tried and true Tarm Solo Plus boiler with some nice improvements. Scandtec was formed by the former Managing Director of Tarm, Denmark (Hans Sorensen - the HS in HS Tarm). These boilers are built to the same design as the former Tarm Solo Plus with the exception of the loading and ash doors and the outer jacket.

Previously the loading and ash doors and frames had to be mounted to the front of the boiler and were occasionally subject to smoke leakage around this mating surface. The new boiler has the door frame welded to the front of the boiler and so this potential leakage is eliminated. As well, the doors come mounted to the boiler so they do not have to be assembled and attached by your installer.

The outer jacket has changed with the addition of a large front door (like a refrigerator door). This door is insulated so helps to reduce heat loss through the front of the boiler and dresses the boiler up a bit too.

You've had to wait a long time for your boiler - the silver lining is that you have an improved boiler. We appreciate your hanging in there with us through this tumultuous year and are sure you will enjoy your Solo Plus for many many years to come. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

thanks,

Chris Hoskin
Dealer Coordinator
BioHeatUSA

Chris

Thanks for the reply and the info. I am just a bit concerned that Tarms quality might drop to meet up with high demand for products etc.... Hopefully the installer (who you referred me to in May) will begin this week and Ill be up an running soon enough. Thanks again . Great to see Company reps reading forums like this. Speaks volumes for reputation.

Ya... the doors sound like a good improvement... see my post " Tarm Install complete... but shutting it down". I had to install doors and I did a poor job....

Status
Not open for further replies.