Tarm solo plus 40 repair

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

pat joyce

Mar 7, 2017
Voluntown, Ct.
I had a hole in the firebox. water was everywhere. I took UT readings of the back wall of the firebox. The metal was very thin. I had to put a plate on nearly the whole back wall. The weld repair was successful. Saved a lot of $$$. Anyone else ever had a problem similar to this with their wood boiler?

Do you have return water temp protection?

Run with storage or idle?

gg

How long has your Tarm been used for heating? Is it your primary heat?

Reactions: bassattacker
I have had my Tarm for 14 years now. I do not have storage and it is an add on to my oil boiler. it is the primary heating source in the winter. Happy with the Tarm so far.Except for the hole in the firebox.

I had a hole in the firebox. water was everywhere. I took UT readings of the back wall of the firebox. The metal was very thin. I had to put a plate on nearly the whole back wall. The weld repair was successful. Saved a lot of $$$. Anyone else ever had a problem similar to this with their wood boiler?
I have a Tarm 40 for eight years .Started leaking from back wall .Tried to weld but hole just got bigger.
I just receive a new boiler with storage tanks.Did you solve your problem?