Tarm Solo Plus Flue Outlet Connector

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KenLockett

Minister of Fire
Dec 27, 2011
Eastern Upstate NY
Anyone know where I might find a flue outlet connector shown below? Have looked online and can't seem to find anything. Called Tarm Biomass last year and very, very expensive. The outside diameter of the collar believe it or not is 5 1/2". the piece below came with the boiler and has rusted out. The outlet connector slips over the boiler outlet collar (tight by the way) and the other end accepts crimped end of 6" single wall stove pipe as you would expect. Thanks.

flue outlet.jpg

Last edited:
Would appear that it is a metric size. Called TARM again and they now make a stainless steel connector at $55. Need to look for options I suppose. Anyone know if we can get metric stove pipe sizes here in the states?

Apparently in Europe they make their stove pipe to fit over the outside of the boiler outlet pipit. I had to peen all the crimping out to make a 6 " fit over the outside. It would not fit the inside dia. Like it should to meet Canadian code .

I had to replace the cleanout T on the back of my boiler couple weeks ago. I used an off the shelf 8" T, but I had to fit the female T end, over the collar. And it was a very tight fit, thought I was going to pop the T apart.

Having to replace it caught me all off guard. It was only 4 years old, but was all rotten on the bottom (almost didn't even notice it was rotten, until I realized I was seeing the floor through the bottom of it). I was lazy about cleaning ashes out of it after last season - didn't get around to it until that couple weeks ago. Might have had something to do with it, but this off the shelf stove pipe fitting stuff nowadays doesn't have much to it. Think it was only 26ga. Will have to keep my eyes open for something more rugged, or stainless. Even this cheaply made one was almost $50 after tax.

That doesn't likely help you any & not much in common - except they're both European. But when I was hooking mine up for the first time 4 years ago, another suggestion offered up was to get one of those clamping type connecting pieces.

Ken, I saw a few listed online as Euro Step Up Adaptors (140cm to 155cm or 5-1/2 " to 6"), mostly out of England. However each listing stated for some reason they would not ship to the USA. They had one on the British ebay, and another one for 20 pounds, whatever that comes to in US dollars, at http://www.stoveworlduk.co.uk/stove-ma-adapter-euro-inch. Maybe if you looked around online under similar headings you could find someone who would ship to the U.S. Good luck. Didn't sound any cheaper than what Tarm Biomass has in stock in any event.

Mike

Reactions: KenLockett
Would appear that it is a metric size. Called TARM again and they now make a stainless steel connector at $55. Need to look for options I suppose. Anyone know if we can get metric stove pipe sizes here in the states?

$55 for a stainless steel connector sounds reasonable ,will last for years maybe for the life of the boiler .

$ 55 for a stainless steel connector sounds reasonable , will last for years maybe even the life of the boiler .

Reactions: maple1
Status
Not open for further replies.