Task Force Splitter recall from Lowe's

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG! I have one of those. I need it now. How long before the new warning labels get shipped so it will be safe to use again?

Just hope they don't recall my Fiskars, that has no warning label at all. Looks like it could split my foot in two, but I assumed it was perfectly safe because there was no warning label on it. ;-P

Battenkiller said:
OMG! I have one of those. I need it now. How long before the new warning labels get shipped so it will be safe to use again?

Just hope they don't recall my Fiskars, that has no warning label at all. Looks like it could split my foot in two, but I assumed it was perfectly safe because there was no warning label on it. ;-P

:lol: Like my 31 yr old Monster Maul. They didnt see the need to put labels on 'em,cause they figured the average person was smart enough NOT to drop the damn thing on their foot. I never have,but I imagine even with steel-toed boots I've worn for decades it wouldnt feel too good.It has fallen over a few times & that pipe handle smacked me in the knee,that takes your breath & makes me say a few more 'colorful' words than usual ;-P

I'm going to complain to someone. The last box of Wheat Chex I opened almost caused a paper cut, and I'm ticked off.
No warning label AT ALL!! Someone save me. :roll:

It's all fun and games until someone loses a, well, you know how it goes. Wheat chex can be very dangerous. We may have the big brains and opposable thumbs, but our trachea/esophogus design still needs a few million years.

A few months ago, when I was resigned to the fact that an electric splitter may be the only way I get a splitter, I went in to Lowe's to see theirs. The department manager said his computer showed one in stock. He finally found it in the back room with a big sign saying "Do Not Sell.!!" At the time he had no idea what the problem was. It was brand new, not a returned item waiting for refurbishment.

Now we know the rest of the story.

Kenster said:
A few months ago, when I was resigned to the fact that an electric splitter may be the only way I get a splitter, I went in to Lowe's to see theirs. The department manager said his computer showed one in stock. He finally found it in the back room with a big sign saying "Do Not Sell.!!" At the time he had no idea what the problem was. It was brand new, not a returned item waiting for refurbishment.

Good thing you didn't get it. Might have stopped looking for a gas one.

Danno77 said:
Kenster said:

Good thing you didn't get it. Might have stopped looking for a gas one.

Amen to that, Brotherman.

I got my stickers in the mail a couple of weeks ago. I put one on my son's forehead...

Status
Not open for further replies.