Tax cradit for 2011?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joel95ex

Nov 3, 2010
NE TX
I have searched, but has anyone heard of a possible biomass tax credit extension? I came across a few bills that were proposed, but no info on whether or not they;re likely to pass....... I won't be able to purchase by jan 1st.

The alliance for green heat newsletter said the tax credit is likely to be extended but reduced to 10%. Everyone write your congressman I already have
Guy

I found this in a news article.

Unfortunately, while the tax package does include an extension of the 25c nonbusiness energy tax credits, (the official IRS name for the homeowner’s energy efficiency tax credit), last minute modifications were made resetting the credit value to pre-Stimulus bill levels of 10% of the installed costs with maximum credit for all qualified retrofits of $500.
The tax package also reinstates the caps on equipment that were in place in 2006 and 2007. That means the maximum tax credits available to an eligible taxpayer for installing a qualified central air condition and heat pump are $300, and the maximum tax credit available for a qualified furnace or boiler is $150.

The tax extender package also reinstates the lifetime credit caps which disqualify any homeowner who has claimed more than $500 in 25c tax credits since January 1, 2005, from any further credits.

Finally, the qualifying guidelines for natural gas and propane hot water boilers, and oil furnaces and hot water boilers are increased to 95% AFUE.

I’m still wading through all the language to see what other changes may be buried in the legislative text.

Still no word on whether or not substantive changes will allowed during Senate or House debate, more details about that will be forthcoming, including how you can support any efforts through grassroots action.

Looks like this is still being tweaked even as we type. We will not know until they vote on the tax cuts extension bill if I understand correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.