tax credit for pellet stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think right now the credit is in limbo. Last year it would've been $300. This year is a wait and see, thats for anything under the credit as it expired on Dec 31, 2013.

Yes, if it was purchased and installed between the first of Jan 2013 through the end of the year (2013). The amount you get back is 10% or 300, whichever is smaller. If you have previously taken advantage of the biomass credit, you will get the remaining of the cap, which is 500. This credit dates back to 2009 and applies to all energy tax credits.

Last edited:
I think right now the credit is in limbo. Last year it would've been $300. This year is a wait and see, thats for anything under the credit as it expired on Dec 31, 2013.
The credit was not renewed under the recently signed budget. Nothing to really wait on.

IIRC your looking for IRS form 5695.
I could not claim my pellet stove but was able to use the remaining credit for my windows and doors, I used the first half for our mini-split. check with your local electric provider aswell, here in PA they give you credits for certain home improvements that lower your dependency on electricity. We got $700 from Penn-Elec when we did our mini-split a few years ago.

Gotta love the fact that this administration wont give you a worth while incentive to better your home and life and help create jobs (contractors), but they will incentify laziness:mad:......... helping you make your home better went away with the rest of the "EVIL" Bush tax credits... you know the ones that only benefited millionaires !!:rolleyes:

Gotta love the fact that this administration wont give you a worth while incentive to better your home and life and help create jobs (contractors), but they will incentify laziness:mad:......... helping you make your home better went away with the rest of the "EVIL" Bush tax credits... you know the ones that only benefited millionaires !!:rolleyes:

The tax credit was actually extended in 2010, again in 2011, then in 2012 and once more in 2013.

The tax break for geothermal sources was extended to 2014 with the same 30%, with no cap...

Reactions: Jacques909
The tax credit was actually extended in 2010, again in 2011, then in 2012 and once more in 2013.

The tax break for geothermal sources was extended to 2014 with the same 30%, with no cap...
yeah with a lower and lower and lower price cap until they could get rid of as much as possible. (geo-thermal and solar aside)

yeah with a lower and lower and lower price cap until they could get rid of as much as possible. (geo-thermal and solar aside)
Congress has been very adamant we pay down the debt, and understandably so. Too bad that responsibility falls squarely on the middle class.

I wonder if we'll make the endangered species program

Status
Not open for further replies.