tax credit questions (not another one)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ejwoodward

Oct 15, 2008
Western NC
So I bought my stove during the fall of 2008. I had lots of problems with it in the beginning until I decided to replace the stove pipe/chimney and then it everything worked fantastic. The things is that I put in the new chimney system during the winter of 2009. My questions is since my stove really wasn't put into "proper" service until I installed the new chimney in 2009, do you think both the stove and chimney system would be covered? If not the stove, would the chimney/stove pipe purchase and installation be covered?

Thanks for any advice!

ejwoodward said:
So I bought my stove during the fall of 2008. I had lots of problems with it in the beginning until I decided to replace the stove pipe/chimney and then it everything worked fantastic. The things is that I put in the new chimney system during the winter of 2009. My questions is since my stove really wasn't put into "proper" service until I installed the new chimney in 2009, do you think both the stove and chimney system would be covered? If not the stove, would the chimney/stove pipe purchase and installation be covered?

Thanks for any advice!

Go for it. What's the worst that could happen? Disclaimer, I am NOT a tax professional, what YOU do is on YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.