Teaching the next generation!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MeLikeUmFire

Sep 17, 2009
Lapeer, Michigan
My daughter helping me stack wood after splitting. She is 21 months old.

Attachments

• LumberMU.jpg
    LumberMU.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 569
Wow! Strong like bull.

my 2 helpers...well one actually helps and the other (I'll let you guess which one!) just enjoys the warmth.

Attachments

• 100_0764.jpg
    100_0764.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 505
Priceless pictures all.

Here's my youngest daughter. She's really into this wood stove. Her teenage sister helps too, in between texting, mirror time, computer time....... ;-)

Attachments

• Kirsten.jpg
    Kirsten.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 466
stejus said:
Here's my youngest daughter. She's really into this wood stove. Her teenage sister helps too, in between texting, mirror time, computer time....... ;-)

Once girls get to that age its almost impossible to get them to do anything outside of their lil world! Luckly the youngest is still yours! lol.

Wow! You've got her stacking and splitting? That's a good kid. :lol:

Enjoy her now Regency, before you know it she'll be in college, trust me.

Please get the kids some gloves, I hate splinters.

Great pictures :cheese:

I didn't start heating with wood again until my boys were 12 and 13, took them a year to learn the ropes, but they do everything but drive the truck and run the chain saw. Actually I've had the oldest run the saw a bit, but I'm too paranoid he might hurt himself, and I don't have all the protection gear.
They both split wood better then some full grown men I've seen, in fact they have split better than 50% of our wood pile. If I didn't enjoy splitting the wood so much myself, they probably wood have split it all.
This is my oldest (14) in action!

Edit*** Oh, and notice he is wearing gloves***** ;-)

My 3yo son also helps wood duty, has his own wheelbarrow and likes to push the wood down the chute into the basement. Another couple years and he will run the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.