Tech questions on Jotul Firelight

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smythe302

Sep 29, 2014
Syracuse
Hi all,
I have some specific questions on the Jotul Firelight Vent Free that I bought second hand for my family's camp.

First, I'd like to thank everybody for their future warnings and distain of using vent free heaters. Much appreciated.

Now, lets get to the meat of the potatoes...

Since I got this second hand, I didnt get the manual or conversion kit. The only thing i need is the Jotul conversion kit part number. The unit is set up for NG and I need it to be LPG.

The only info I could find online was from the Jotul old products identification brochure...
I know the Firelight DV is nearly the same heater, save the venting. They certainly use the same gas valving assembly. ( SIT 820 Nova valve ) Possibly many of the same casting parts.
I also know from the Firelight DV manual, that the conversion kit part number is: LPG#154391

Does anybody know if this is the part number I need for the VF?
If not, does anybody have contact info for a Jotul America tech?

Thank you very much for your assistance.
Sean,
Central New York

Hey Sean,
Call Vic at Best Fire in Green Island NY. He may be able to get you the conversion kit.
1 (518) 687-2388

Hey Dasky,
Thanks for the reply. I did give them a call and wound up speaking with Shirly? Unfortunately, she couldn't find a part number for me.
I'll give them another try if you think Vic is a better option.
I also left a message with Jotul's tech department using the 1 800 number I scrounged up on the interwebs.
We shall see if they see fit to reply considering I'm not a dealer...
Perhaps I should pose as a dealer, as they "give their dealers priority"... we'll see.
Thanks again

Hey Dasky,
Thanks for the reply. I did give them a call and wound up speaking with Shirly? Unfortunately, she couldn't find a part number for me.
I'll give them another try if you think Vic is a better option.
I also left a message with Jotul's tech department using the 1 800 number I scrounged up on the interwebs.
We shall see if they see fit to reply considering I'm not a dealer...
Perhaps I should pose as a dealer, as they "give their dealers priority"... we'll see.
Thanks again

Vic will have access to the same info. He IS a little more tech savvy tho. Did you give her the serial number off your stove?

Status
Not open for further replies.