Tecumseh..... UGH!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chinese motor, Chinese splitter, all good.

I finally beat the Tecumseh into submission.. only took grinding the valves, new spark plug, head gasket, both intake gaskets, rebuilding the carb... and discovering that the GD emissions carb is far too lean without the air filter assembly on it!

at least now I can split wood!

Reactions: duramaxman05
I finally beat the Tecumseh into submission.. only took grinding the valves, new spark plug, head gasket, both intake gaskets, rebuilding the carb... and discovering that the GD emissions carb is far too lean without the air filter assembly on it!

at least now I can split wood!

But does it still burn oil in typical Tecumseh fashion??????

But does it still burn oil in typical Tecumseh fashion??????
well compared to the 40+ year old kohler... with a non functioning oil ring... it is a VAST improvement.

there now is no sickening blue fog coming out of the exhaust.

I only had issues with thier coils. Replaced two on my mower and gave up and bought two cheapies from eBay. Still have the first cheapy installed and fires right up now.

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.