tee snout question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magoo0512

Jul 18, 2016
Western ny
I have to trim my tee snout back a little bit for my application and was wondering do I just cut those with a tin snips, cutoff tool etc.,or do I need to use any special HVAC type tool that crimps the connection end. Thanks

I have to trim my tee snout back a little bit for my application and was wondering do I just cut those with a tin snips, cutoff tool etc.,or do I need to use any special HVAC type tool that crimps the connection end. Thanks
yes you can just cut it with snips but you may also have to crimp the end so you pipe is running the right direction. That depends on the manufacturer some make their snouts small enough to slide the pipe over some do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.