1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Teenage relationships - what are they coming to?!

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Swedishchef, Mar 8, 2013.

1. swagler85

swagler85 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NE Ohio
    I completely agree with learning using technology, My children can learn a lot and do learn a lot using my iPad. But that is different then sitting in front of a TV for hours watching spongebob. I may have mistaken your post if that is what you were referring to. Too broad of a spectrum being covered in one topic. But I still very much believe in limiting the amount of time my children spend watching TV.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Augie

Augie Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    North Of Canada
    After Glancing over this thread one of two responses come to mind...

How worried should we be????

OR

Damn Kids GET OFF MY LAWN!

But what I really think is.
    [​IMG]
    Times Change as do the things kids find acceptable. Im 35, Single, no kids. I date 30ish to 40ish. The differences in what is expected dating a 30yr old vs. a 40 yr old...... WOW.

I imagine that a 25yr old would be a step above that....
    Swedishchef likes this.
  3. Swedishchef

Swedishchef Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Quebec, Canada
    My OP was to see if it was "normal" facetiming for 10 hours (including while sleeping) with someone you met online via twitter. And then it turned (somehow) into a question about technological uses. I didn't want the thread to turn into that.

Spongebob for young kids is bad..even the American Academy of Pediatrics agrees! LOL http://technorati.com/lifestyle/family/article/is-spongebob-bad-for-kids/
    http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/early/2011/09/08/peds.2010-1919.full.pdf
  4. Swedishchef

Loc:
    Quebec, Canada
    Much riff raff showing up to date your daughter? lol
  5. Swedishchef

Loc:
    Quebec, Canada
    Augie: I agree. Times change and what kids deem acceptable change. But should what is acceptable really change? I imagine later in my life I will hear "Dad, everyone has it/ is doing it" at some point. But I don't think that means I will agree to it ;)

Northern Canada as in NWT or NU?

Andrew
  6. Delta-T

Delta-T Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NH
    we have 10 yr old boy, he like technology, but he only gets to use it in pursuit of enlightenment....like watching vintage WWE Hulk Hogan vs Andre the Giant match, or listening to Nektar. We use the facetimes to taunt our friends and family...we call and when they answer, they just looking at our cats. is very funny. I dont think the 10hours of facetimes is considered all that "unusual" anymore, considering, but I personally don't get it.
    Swedishchef likes this.
  7. Swedishchef

Loc:
    Quebec, Canada
    Well that simply means that this teenager is normal. She is like a little sister to me.

I was not overly keen on her meeting all these people online. All her friends have boyfriends in real life and she goes home to talk to these guys for 5-10hours a night.