Tell me I'm wrong!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaw520

Feeling the Heat
Oct 15, 2012
Modena
Where the somersets have this excellent aroma of 'wood',.. The Green Supremes have a distinctive smell of 'hay',... please tell me it isn't so,..... <>

I could never get close enough to an open bag of GS to smell it. I start sneezing from all the dust first.

Where the somersets have this excellent aroma of 'wood',.. The Green Supremes have a distinctive smell of 'hay',... please tell me it isn't so,..... <>
Remember, with those two pellets, you are comapring apples to bicycles. They are like Schwarzenegger and DeVito in the movie Twins.

With the amount of silica in hay, Trust me they don't have hay in em. You'd be getting silica pebbles in the ash pan. See imacmans grass thread and the Lake region pellets review I did.

Remember, with those two pellets, you are comapring apples to bicycles. They are like Schwarzenegger and DeVito in the movie Twins.
Oh yea,.. Im well aware of the night/day difference,.. I have to run my stove on 3-3 to get any kinda substantial heat from the GS,.. put the Sets in at that same setting and Im melting my socks off with nearly no ash.

Thanks Jay,.. glad to know theres really no grass in these,... although they smell like fresh cut hay,

Status
Not open for further replies.